AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Feeding cows on stalks.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

John SD
Posted 2/22/2008 23:52 (#317171 - in reply to #317121)
Subject: RE: dry loose mineral nt

Jim, the dry mineral I've been feeding is Vigortone 3V2S. From memory it seems like the price I posted in the other mineral thread was just under $21/bag. I've been feeding straight mineral in accord with directions, not mixing or offering free choice salt with the mineral.

I'm not familiar with the Crystalyx mineral product (Mineralyx?) I assume in a tub there is still a protein and energy component figured in there. I believe the regular tubs only contain a trace mineral package. So we are sort of comparing apples and oranges. Like stated elsewhere, there is a point on dry low quality forages where energy and protein supplement is warranted, and optimum performance would require more than a dry mineral supplement with no added protein or energy. This winter I haven't bought any tubs because I've been trying to practice this low cost livestock production LOL!

Crystalyx and other tubs are fine products, especially for convenience where a guy doesn't see his cattle every day, but probably cost more than other means of nutritional supplement.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)