AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bale bed and feed box question.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Rich
Posted 2/21/2008 11:39 (#315769 - in reply to #315556)
Subject: RE: Bale bed and feed box question.

Kansas
In Kansas

Watch the Annual Consignment Auction they have in Garden City each spring. They had a Deweze bale bed on there and I was pretty sure I seen on proxybid it only brought 1500 bucks. New mounting Brackets and a new pump if they were not supplied though would of cost you between 500 and 1000 bucks when all said and done.........also depending on what you were putting it on. I ran an ad when I mounted mine on the Ford and found a used setup hydra bed made. After a lil remanufacturing to make it fit the pump I had and make it easier to tighten the belts (non serpentine system) it worked like a charm.

The other one I seen I quoted at 25 to 2600 I'm going to have to dig to find where I read that. I have two advertising papers I read through, plus the HPJ and then a classifieds page through our local internet provider. I'm always shopping for a bargain.

Put an ad in a Paper or two down here looking for a DOA pickup with a bale bed on it and I'd bet your gonna get some phone calls. Deweze has been in the business now for over 20 years with the flatbeds. Longer with thier slide ins that fit in the box or on the back of a flatbed.

More to your original question. I have seen deweze beds with cake feeders mounted right behind the headache rack. They must work. Guys use them. I think your visibility behind you through your rear window is sacrificed but it has been done.

Visit Deweze's website. Probably see a picture on there somewhere of one setup like that.

I wish someone would comment about these cannonball bale beds that you can use the arms and tilt the whole bed up in the air like a dump truck. I'm just about ready to improve by the time I get the next pickup. After 3 I'm thinking maybe this bed has paid for it'self and is time to get a little nicer paint.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)