AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bale bed and feed box question.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

MU1979
Posted 2/21/2008 11:31 (#315752 - in reply to #315703)
Subject: Re: Bale bed and feed box question.

Missouri
I think you would really like a balebed. The savings of labor would be well worth the cost. I can't imagine doing it by hand, we feed over 100 cows in short order. It is not uncommon to feed half a bale in one pasture and carry the other on to the next. As for the feeder several things come to mind, first being that unless they are small and designed to go right behind the cab they really limit the use of the truck. Our flatbeds are used often to pull trailers and the feedbox makes hooking up a real pain. So we have a feed truck with a good size box on it, separate from the haybed on a F350. The feedbox is on an old flatbed that is used to carry the fuel tank in the summer, so that truck is a retired F350 that we wore out. The cattle are really hard on it, going after feed and a good cattlegaurd is recommended. Thus try to keep problems off of the newer truck that is used more often to pull trailers. These trucks get used. One can probably find a used haybed, but the ones I have been around get used pretty hard. You are right buckets are hard on the body, elbows included. Oh, hydraulic tractor unroller is availabe for muddy days.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)