AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Didn't want to hijack the bale bed thread below...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Rich
Posted 2/21/2008 02:48 (#315427 - in reply to #315422)
Subject: RE: Didn't want to hijack the bale bed thread below...

Kansas
To each thier own for preference per brand. That ongoing war is no different than deere vs case and taste great vs less filling.

There is only a couple advantages of a 12v system over engine driving hydralics. Up front cost. Time to take to set it up. Otherwise, I don't know why anyone would have a 12v system over the engine ran pump. They are faster, they do not kill your batterys with alot of use and the use of that hydralic pump on the engine goes beyond the bale bed. I use mine consistantly every year to lift up and fold up equipment and move it down the road with a pickup. I have an old truck box on a frame with a lift cylinder that i use for scrap iron and Fertilizer. You probably remember that pic John. I can use the pickups hydralics then to lift the box in the air. Like Russ said, when you get a bale bed, the sky is the limit for possibilities. Pull posts, Set posts (Yes, sharpen the end like a pencil with an axe and use the bale arm to drive the post in the ground.......works best after a flood along a creek has wiped out fence for you and your in mud but need to build something). Haul cows on............Yes again, strap under the belly in two places and tie thier head so they cant fling it around and pick them up in the air and go. That deweze of mine is tough enough it's been used as a concrete battering ram to bust up pilons. I ain't gonna say anymore about that other than it didn't hurt the bed a bit unless you count the 36 cent scratches.

How complicated to install engine ran hydralics? You have your basic tools in a tool box don't you? Depending on the model a good day and you will be done. I didn't do my first one on my first dodge because that was a factory install job. I did remove it though and put the factory parts back. I mounted the pump on the ford by myself next and I put the latest one on this latest pickup myself. No problems john. Easy as pie. There's just nothing to it. Simpler installing a hydralic pump on a pickup than it is to install the hydralic pump back into the 2010 deere without splitting it.

If you want to try one John, Those used beds down in this area are getting as cheap as 1500 bucks on consignment auctions. Latest ad I seen one was listed for 25 or 2600 dollars. They are mighty close to between 8 and 10 thousand new now last I heard but I was quoted Deweze and Hydra bed.

We've had a total of 8 pickups with beds. Dodge old and new style. Ford , chevy old and new style so you can put it on whatever you want. Currently two dodges and 1 gmc running beds. Lil bro loves his hydra bed. I hate it. he has the controls like a truck hoist under his dash to run the arms. I have the electric over hydralic solenoids with a control pad I hold and use. I prefer it simply for ease of use and plus I can drag that chord with me to the back of the pickup and use it for hooking things up to the arms and lifting them.

Dewezes newest features include a wireless remote. Works something like 100 feet away from the pickup.

I think if you got one, you would not be disappointed and quite possibly wonder how the heck you ever got along without one. By all means, if your in the cattle business, this is a must have tool IMHO.

Edited by Rich 2/21/2008 02:50
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)