AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Respect
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

big12cc
Posted 2/19/2008 14:03 (#313778 - in reply to #313604)
Subject: RE: Respect

nw iowa
The same punishment,firing,demote,garnish wages,etc.should also apply to the lazy-a$$,USDA inspectors who are the ones responsible in the end for this whole debacle.They are the ones who allowed the poor care of these cattle to take place.Bottom line,they are the govt. organization in charge of the livestock handling!Mark my words someday the PETA,Humane Society,and other animal rights groups will someday be standing at your farm making sure the animals are handled,sorted,worked,or whatever else we do,in a way that they perceive as proper.They already are at the hog packs watching hogs being unloaded.As farmers and ranchers we know and see many things that are not "pretty" in our business.That is exactly what we are having to explain to the uninformed and often ignorant consumer and city dwellers.They perceive our industry as happy animals cavorting freely about a sunny flower filled meadow and have no idea or concept of what it is really like,in fact many of these previously mentioned orgs have promoted this very scenario,which shows how out of touch and unreasonable they are.These factions also promote the giving of human feelings to animals.The USDA is already saying as I said they would earlier,how overworked,underpaid,and short of help they are.In the end no one at the USDA will be fired,reprimanded,or demoted.I am so sick of hearing the line "ya just can't get good help these days",while I'm expected to perform "above and beyond" as a producer/grower !
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)