AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can I buy out of a contract with ADM?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

dri
Posted 2/19/2008 13:34 (#313754 - in reply to #313684)
Subject: Re: How is offering $ renigging?

Central Mo

Beans were sold at over $10, I'm happy with that, but taking all day to get one load doesn't thrill me too much. 

If I refused to deliver and did not offer monetary settlement then my word isn't any good, but to me, when I offer to buy my way out of it I'm holding up to the agreement, only with dollars and not  beans.

There was a .35 spread from the local elevator the day I sold, if I could get dumped in a 1/2 hr or so I would deliver.  But 4-5 hours doesn't pay well.

BTW-I wasn't looking to hold the beans any longer, I had allready priced the local elevators and knew how much I was willing to loose so I didn't have to go wait in line.

10 loads-4hr wait=40 hrs, sitting over there for 1 whole week isn't too appealing.

I took beans there in Dec and waiting 30 minutes or so, asked them if I could deliver my Feb beans and was told no.  As far as I can tell there was little line in Jan and now Feb has big lines, they had to know they had bought more beans than they could dump.  What i have found with Cargill and ADM, truck drivers are cheap, if it takes you several hours to get loaded or unloaded so what- you're just a truck driver.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)