AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

USDA orders largest beef recall in history
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

dlerwick
Posted 2/18/2008 23:29 (#313412 - in reply to #313182)
Subject: Re: USDA orders largest beef recall in history

Western Nebraska
Oh brother, get over yourself. If I got all bent out of shape every time someone called an opinion of mine ridiculous or silly I would be mad all of the time. This is a public forum and you have to assume that when you put an opinion out in a public forum that people will comment. I call things as I see them, and I am sorry if you are sensitive about a frank critique of the opinion you expressed. If you want to complain about the NCBA and the checkoff then by all means go ahead and do it, but at least complain about something that is legitimate. The checkoff is a promotional program, it has no charter to ensure regulatory compliance. Just because it makes a convenient target for you doesn't mean your criticism is fair or accurate.

If they were to start inspecting packing houses they would need a much larger than $1 increase in the checkoff assessment. Are you in support of that? What you are suggesting is a huge expansion of the charter of the checkoff. One which would certainly mean a much larger budget. Do you really want the checkoff in charge of packing plant inspections now?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)