AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Almost finished barn conversion (pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Jon S
Posted 2/17/2008 19:54 (#312292 - in reply to #312240)
Subject: RE: Interesting - questions though~

Chris,

I am now going to be brooding and finishing in the same area. Prevoiusly, I had a two age farm - LOTS of work. I have (3) 50 by 600 ft barns. Half of the barn (50 by 300 ft) will be brood space (area with shavings on floor) seperated by a curtain, and the other half will strictly be limited to finishing birds although the entire barn will finish birds. I have two sets of feeders in the brooder. The smaller feeders are poult feeders (for the first 5 weeks) and the larger feeders are for the adult birds ( 5 weeks to 12 weeks of age). I also have two types of drinkers - lubing for adults and ziggity for poults. The Lubing are pictured with the radiant heater (005). This is a big step up from the Plasson drinkers we used to have - again LOTS of labor.

The heaters are radiant. The heaters we replaced were convection. The radiants heat objects, the convection heaters heat air. I hope this will be a big step up. The manufacturer is Space Ray. I purchased my equipment from http://farmerboyag.com/ They have locations in PA, NY, and OH.

If you look close at the picture, you can see the divider curtain rolled up close to the ceiling. Notice where the shavings end and the dirt floor begins. That is the 300 ft mark. We haven't got sawdust for the finish area yet.

(Half Barn with Curtain.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Half Barn with Curtain.jpg (66KB - 463 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)