AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Crystalyx BFG-30 With Bio-Mos
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

dbmaguet
Posted 2/15/2008 13:32 (#310499 - in reply to #310337)
Subject: RE: Crystalyx BFG-30 With Bio-Mos

Ste. Rose, MB

YES, Bio-Mos will help in the prevention of scours. But you must be feeding it to your cows at least 1 month prior to calving & continue after they have calved for some time. Also if you have calf shelters or a special area that only the calves may access, give them some mineral as well. They won't eat it right away but as they grow, they will start consuming a very small portion, so between their consumption and the cows consumption of the mineral that goes through her milk, it gives your calves their immunity.

The Bio-Mos is basically like pepto-bismol, it coats in the interior lining of their stomachs to prevent bacteria (scours) We've been buying Cargill Right-Now Mineral with CTC & Bio-Mos, this is our 2nd year on the program, all be it, very expensive mineral, but it does work. We have not had one case of scours since using this product. Had tried some diatemaceous earth but only had moderate success. This is definately the best way to prevent scours, and of course Scourguarding your cows prior to calving, also a must. Lots of people have been buying Cargill mineral with Bio-Mos and have had great results, I personally don't like the idea of dealing too much with Cargill, but that's the only company that makes it available out here.

If you don't mind me asking, what are they selling this mineral with Bio-Mos for? Try it, your cows still need mineral & it will work, that's how confident I am, because at first, we were also skeptical about all of this, wondering if it was BS or not... well it didnt take us very long to see that it sure as heck wasn't BS!

Let me know if you end up using it or not & what your results will be.

David

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)