AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

frost bitten feet? how common
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Fenceman
Posted 2/12/2008 21:14 (#308217 - in reply to #307829)
Subject: RE: frost bitten feet? how common

NE
Interestingly you bring this subject up . I just had a conversation today with someone about frostbite ears on one of my new born calves. Have any of you guys ever heard of smearing (industrial strength) DMSO all over the ears to help stop and maybe actually prevent damage from frostbite ? I've never heard of such a thing but this guys swears it will work ? I had a new baby calf born last night I suspect will have some frostbite damage...he gave me a small container of this creamy like gel to rub all over the inside and outside of his ears. Claims it will penetrate his skin right away and cause bloodflow and circulation to improve ? Must use latex gloves or he says you will taste it right away also ? Anyway, I tried it ...must say his ears did become soft......I'll have to report back in couple weeks to see if it actually helped or not . Just curious if any of you guys ever heard of doing this trick before ...new one on me ! Like I say don't know if it worked yet but figured I had nothing to lose?
Fenceman
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)