AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Re-Adjustment
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

SeniorCitizen
Posted 2/6/2008 13:28 (#302689)
Subject: Re-Adjustment

MGE won't change delivery rules-good!! The way it should be.

July corn in 1973 expired with a dramatic one day explosion. Shorts couldn't deliver. The longs expected delivery, shorts couldn't provide, they paid the price.

Again, we are re-adjusting in response to pent up economic mismanagement. There are at least 100X more dollars (MAYBE A LOT MORE AS I HAVE NOT SEEN RECENT DATA) outside the usa versus the 1973-74 period.

The USA has been spreading paper all around the world for a long time. It is a free market, in previous recent times, the US Treasury encouraged quite a few to return as stock market investments...while I am sure that will continue...potential commodity shortages seem more appealing.

There will be a top, but no one knows where.

The most important thing is to prepare for a large re-adjustment in everything...benchmarks are being re-written.

Plus, citizens have to be more concerned about whom calls the shots in government.

I hesitate here a bit here...a fellow I know--has a long history in industry & was a long ago NYSE member.....remarked casually one day about a fellow sitting in a cabinet position in recent times....said "I worked for that fellow, was his right hand man....in a fortune 500 setting....dumb as a rock. Inherited all his money, position and those of us on his staff kept him out of one bad deal after the other & NOW THIS GUY IS IN OUR GOVERNMENT!!!"

Ride with it....be alert...life will go on and enjoy the moment.

Edited by SeniorCitizen 2/6/2008 13:39
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)