AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Someone will stop all of this
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

1206SWMO
Posted 2/6/2008 12:58 (#302666 - in reply to #302622)
Subject: Wages Are Not Rising With Inflation

sdwx - 2/6/2008 12:24

Because your not use to getting a fair value for what you produce, which is really what it is. Grain is about the only thing that hasn't risen with inflation.

As both a farmer and factory worker I can tell you that wages are not rising with inflation.I take home the same money that I did 5 years ago.We get a 3% raise every year and rapidly rising health care costs wipe it out and then some.Our buying power is going away rapidly.That should scare everyone.

Some people that I work with are trying to get out of debt fast as possible in preparation for a severe recession or even a depression.People have shut their wallets up here and are making no major purchases.My 401K has lost a ton of money lately so retirement at 62 may only be a dream.

I work with lots of city people and they arent blaming farmers for rapidly rising food costs.They blame big oil, speculators,and greed for alot of our economic problems.CEO's that make over 100 million a year arent very popular with them plus hedge fund managers that are billionaires.

Its high time that farmers prospered but its sad when wage earners are going the wrong way.To have a healthy economy both farmers and wage earners need to prosper.The next few years are going to be quite interesting.

Beware when politicians tell you that all is well.

Edited by 1206SWMO 2/6/2008 14:02
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)