AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rumour Has it CWB is the short caught at MGE
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

canadianeh?
Posted 2/6/2008 00:06 (#302278 - in reply to #301951)
Subject: Re: Rumour Has it CWB is the short caught at MGE

Saskatchewan, big whitetail country!!!
Well, we are already stuck with a bill of non performance by the board on the 2007 crop. the expected return is about 8 bucks, 4 of which has been paid on half of the 2007 crop. The rest is expected to be peed out to the farmer in the months leading up to december. When they call for the next 50%, we get another 4 bucks, etc, etc. Wow, they suck. My wheat is worth 14 bucks right now, and I can't do a thing about it, but be content with 4 dollars for the half of my crop thay have called to be delivered. Try taking that to your banker. "well see mr. banker, i have xxxxx bushels of wheat, but I have no idea when the board will call it. I have no clue as to what the price will be, nor when I may expect these unknown amounts of monies to be paid to me. Can't you just wait for my payment next month maybe? Or it maight be the month after that." To which mr banker replies, "sorry, cough it up." This is what we are forced into up here, and only in western canada. They can and will send you to jail if you try to sell your own grain. You guys down there have got to help us out. Whats funny is that the americans think the cwb is a subsidy. Does the above scenario sound like a subsidy to you? Maybe for the wheat buyers of the world... We market driven types have no idea how to fix our system, and its killing us.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)