AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

If they REALLY want more HRS seeded...............
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Montana Gary
Posted 2/5/2008 00:47 (#301388 - in reply to #301081)
Subject: Durum- Act of God

Montana
I'm a grower for Pasta Montana, you may be also as there isn't many "act of god" contracts around. They went to $11 with act of god but only for established growers. Columbia Grain in Conrad is offering $13.25 for any durum but no act of god.
My question is what are you going to pay for seed and who is your seed source? A real squeeze is going on in the durum seed price as also in the cert spring wheat price.
My Alzada seed source has priced their seed from their growers a few months back (at $11-$14) but will still will not quote a price. I hear prices of from $22 to $32........... A little pricey as I seed about 180# on irrigated land. Seed maybe smaller this year but I grew cert Alzada in 2006 and it had only 7000 seed per lbs. B I G stuff so need to seed allot.

My cert HRS seed supplier priced seed from their growers in the $9 to $11 now want to sell for $18 +
I understand up markets but also remember cert seed suppler's couldn't lower prices 'cause they had paid the greedy growers too much after a declining market. Think seed suppiers are following the lead of the fert companies that learned from the oil companies.

Durum sitting the bin????????? What variety, and what price?????????
[email protected]
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)