AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ethanol.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

SeniorCitizen
Posted 1/29/2008 14:21 (#296020 - in reply to #295947)
Subject: Re: Ethanol.

I rarely get bullish on corn. Except last august when I felt there were just too many bears. Every one of us, friendly to these markets are playing with a revolver with 3 shells in the cylinder. If corn wants to run to $6.50, I am much more comfortable in selling it. I've sold it twice now, roughly in this same area and took small losses...I am trading very small in both the wheat and beans as these markets have a lot of age on them. I'd like to get bullish on this hog market but with December $11 premium to April...I don't see that either..

I am playing around with different scenarios & we just might be in a situation where we don't get the big hog liquidation as one would expect; instead, if we can get a good february or march break, then it might be time to take ahold of the corn. This premium on deferred hogs provides some confidence in the future for producers strong enough to weather the nearby storm.

Next, I continue to be bothered by the bidding for acres as these prices are going to draw some acres.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)