AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thread Organization and Mobile View
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> FAQ & SupportMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 3/12/2013 07:00 (#2959426 - in reply to #2958686)
Subject: Re: I prefer quotes out of courtesy to others

West Union, Illinois

durallymax - I prefer quotes out of courtesy to others
Yes, there are a few little tricks one can use to make the discussion a lot easier to follow. A quick copy and paste of the subject and a brief quote in the message makes it a lot easier to follow.  But the audience here varies from folks who could design the whole thing from scratch on the back of a seed corn sack to folks who are doing good to get the computer turned on.  Those who can do it comfortably need to show the others how and be patient and understanding with them. We all were newbies at some point.

Like I said, I've tried the format on other forums and really prefer this one the way I have it personalized with my settings.

There has been talk about breaking down the forums further, combines, tractors, brands, on and on.  But one of the reasons it has not been done is someone would have to enforce it. The "old timers" have been through that on another site. It may get to the point it has to happen.   One of the strengths of these forums (in my opinion) is the lack of division.  Too may forums have over specialized to the point they are even harder to follow.  You have to go from section to section to section to read them. Yes, it gets a bit bulky here from time to time. It's a judgement call but personally I like this format. It appears a lot of folks agree.

As you may have noticed there is no advertising.  No corporate sponsors. No membership fees.  No subscription.  This site is maintained by volunteers who from time to time have some heavy demands on their personal time.  The costs are all covered by donations.

An individual owns it and is responsible for it. It is his sandbox and if he wants to change it or make up new rules it is his choice.  However, he has a team working with him from across the country.  All are volunteers. And as far as I can tell it is the most popular farmers forum in the world.

So yes, it could be improved, nothing is beyond improving. But it is working and apparently working well, so any change needs to be done with caution.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)