AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thread Organization and Mobile View
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> FAQ & SupportMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 3/9/2013 23:11 (#2954192 - in reply to #2947806)
Subject: RE: Thread Organization and Mobile View

West Union, Illinois

I'm not sure I'm any help, but I thought you deserved a response of some kind. Trying to stir up a hornet's nest?

Is there a way to organize the threads when viewing in "flat" mode so that the thread with the most recent post automatically goes to the top immediately like in the othe more normal Forum formats (vBulletin etc)? Say I click on Machinery talk, It would be nice to see the most recent post at the top regardless of thread age.
That has been discussed at length on AgTalk.  The problem is AT moves so quickly and has so much volume that doing like you suggest would be a nightmare.  But there is a solution.  Try adjusting your settings to make things work the way you want them. As Frytownfarmer says in this discussion, what you can do is awesome once you understand what the system will allow you to do

I'm going to use one screen shot to show two different subjects

First let's address how you view things.  I prefer a threaded forum view with a nested thread view. Find the way you prefer things be displayed (forum flat or threaded, threads flat, nested, or threaded), go to the control panel and set your preferences.  I changed my forum skin so I can tell by glancing at it if I'm logged in or not.

I can't seem to figure out how the system organizes it. it must only move back up if it has a new post in response to the OP? This forum and Pull off both confuse me beyond belief and are hard to navigate.  I navigate in flat mode as it is more normal to me, but then i have to be careful and watch what posts people are replying to because their replies do not make sense a lot of times if you do not check that area.
I really dislike the flat mode. But one thing you can do is use the buttons to view active threads, your active threads, and unanswered threads. If I have limited time I often just look at my active threads to see if there have been any responses.
It seems you must have a mobile format now...
Read Don's reply below.  They are working on one. To be honest I don't see what all the desire is for mobile formats.  I really like how Ihave mine set up.
Do you think it would ever be possible to make a hyperlink out of the post # that they are replying to so that instead of searching around for that number, you could just click it and it would take you right to it?
OK, I'll admit my ignorance.  I don't understand what you are asking. But I suspect checking your active threads will help.
when I go to edit a post, it will take out all of the return spacing I have between paragraphs/statements and group my entire post into one big paragraph which can create quite the mess. Is there any way to fix this?  I have both of these issues both on my mobile and desktop.
I have this problem when editing posts I make with my iPad. It doesn't cause me any problem except when doing that.

Here are some settings you may wish to play with:

Edited by Mike SE IL 3/9/2013 23:33

(ScreenShot009.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments ScreenShot009.jpg (46KB - 318 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)