AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I am going to begin here tonight.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Don Smith
Posted 1/23/2008 00:18 (#290347 - in reply to #289952)
Subject: RE: I am going to begin here tonight.

Centre county Pennsylvania, USA
I've found that car wash earned income does have one advantage over grain trade unearned income for us seniors. Social security check gets adjusted upward every year with new earned income from car wash job. Car wash earned income is not excessive, like grain Barron CEO income, so neighbors don't look at us funny, or burn down barn. Wife does look at me funny when she wants to buy new SUV, so it's not all positive.

We still have more than half of our 2007 corn and bean crop unpriced, they are hibernating in bins and it's too darn cold to wake them up now. We'll wait for seasonal highs that always arrive here when folks are too busy planting to haul grain. Until then, social security check will buy enough Alpo to supply USDA approved and properly labeled ingredients for 3 squares a day. I think food channel on TV has instructions for preparing Alpo meals, wife finds them somewhere.

I greatly enjoy your daily market and senior outlook commentary. Thanks for keeping your eye on the ball for all of us seniors.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)