AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Embargo comment.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Buckwheat
Posted 12/28/2007 12:14 (#269742 - in reply to #269733)
Subject: Re: Excellent Point!!

A friend and I were discussing that yesterday!! FYI, I have 1000 acres enrolled with some coming out in 2 years that I intend to take out and the rest just got "extended" for another 4 years at original terms. If I could get those terms on more CRP I would enroll more myself simply for the reason I am in a marginal production area and to me the risk of higher priced inputs and theinelasticity of them relative to the GUARANTEED lower commodity prices to come, scare the HE%^ out of me!! For anybody to start the "new plateau" bull#$%^ is ridiculous. Give us two years of decent weather and we will be right back where we were in the early 2000's. CRP expiring will be plowed up, "high prices will ration demand down the road", dont ever rule out some idiot imposing an embargo by one name or the other.

If I sound cynical it is beacuse I am only 43 years old and ALL these things have happened in my lifetime before. I hate to repeat it but those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.

As far as CRP goes as a sidenote, quite a few posters on here really need to educate themselves about the real workings of the program before commenting on it. Coffee talk is fairly glaring is some of the posts referring to CRP, although not the one I am replying to here.

Buckwheat
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)