AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm Journal's most recent Utterback observations
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

farmman
Posted 11/27/2007 22:44 (#247373 - in reply to #246704)
Subject: RE: Farm Journal's most recent Utterback observations

Goff Kansas
just repling again to your comment, but listened to Duane Lowery (sp?) through an R J obrien email thingie, but his jist was total frustration. he had been a regular contributor to the morning commentaries at R J, but had noticiably stopped for a while. this morn, he said very plainly, that he stopped them for a while, because he really had nothing to add, and was basically misguessing the market for a while now. he said that the tech and spec crowd has influenced this market so much, that you can't trade on fundamentals anymore, or at least short term.. i found this rather comical at first, but agreed with him eventually. i always thought Lowery was a straight shooter, and rather enjoy listening to his commentaries. in a recap though, he basically said watch out, because the spec and tech guys can get out, and something about crude oil charts etc..... he said although the month of december can have irregular price swings, he thought the high may not be far away. now this is not a word for word, so if i am wrong, please correct me.

I kind of wonder if he did not buy a qurater of ground somewhere, and became a real farmer. he sounds like i do on most days,, having no freakn' clue either....
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)