AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Grains up on the overnight again
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 11/26/2007 08:35 (#245849 - in reply to #245815)
Subject: RE: Grains up on the overnight again

southern MN
Corn, beans, & wheat are in fairly tight supply, with possible increasing use world-wide.

The USA is in an ecconomic period where our currency is sliding lower while other ecconomies are rising.

Global weather paterns have produced uneven crop yields in the past few years, leaving the average grain buyer uncertain as to what 2008 will supply.

We are in a very rare & strange grain pattern - old stratigies do not fit it right now. Being almost uncharted patterns, no one has a good dependable stratigy to benifit from this. Buyers are as confused as us sellers.

Fund investors have gobs of cash, but poor;y preforming stocks & low interest rates leave them with few good paces to stockpile that cash - so they have thrown a fair amount - for now - at the commodities, raising their values.

I am sure it will be short term - 5 years, maybe a bit more. Global ecconomies balance out - they always do - they are not in a vaccumn from each other. Weather patterns swing back - or farmers learn to plant a lot of what is growing with the climate they have. Grain buyers will learn the best times to buy cheapest grain in the new different position we have in the world.

I do not believe we have any new plateau that we will never sink below! But, we have a nice little bump here for a few years. But there are lots of challenges to understand how to gain the most from this bump.

If it's any consolation, I was always a harvest & sell type of person. Fits my personality & style, & I did ok.

Two years ago I figured I better grow up & learn something, so hooked up with the local coop marketing fella & am trying selling crops before I have them in the bin.

Sigh.

Well, they say you always learn the most when times are the most difficult.

Woulda made thousands more if I had just sold off the combine, or did my typical sell a bit all fall & spring out of storage for cash price.

But, learning something anyhow.

--->Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)