AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Overnight Rumor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Tim in WI
Posted 11/23/2007 20:28 (#244063 - in reply to #243445)
Subject: US Made boots

Embarrass WI

My boot experience-I sprung over $150 for a pair of US made Danner boots. They lasted less than a month before one of the quick-lace hooks tore out. I called Danner, they told me I had to return them to the store. The store(Scheel's) sent them to Danner for repair. After waiting a long time(4-6 weeks) I called the store, they had to call Danner to find that "the boots could not be repaired", I should come in for a store credit. They gave me a credit for the original price on the boots(more than the closeout price I had originally paid) and I used the credit to buy another pair of Danner boots-only this time there were no US-made ones on the shelf. I bought the China-made ones, and one of the seams is letting go-though they are nearly a year old.

I also have a pair of Muck boots, made in China. They are comfortable to wear and have been holding up very well. I would buy them again in an eyeblink if I needed another pair-though they are not cheap. I think the Chinese can make good stuff if they want to.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)