AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

08 Drought? Good discussion here.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Rich
Posted 11/20/2007 19:39 (#241799 - in reply to #241613)
Subject: Re: 08 Drought? Good discussion here.

Kansas
88 was dry here too like you and bob but in 89 is when we really started seeing the effects of it.

That was when the local paper put a picture in of an elderly farmer stepping across the top of a 5 wire barbed fence. The weeds went against it and then they caught all the topsoil blowing off the field and made a nice 4 and half foot tall berm.

That was my senior year in high school and the "O fee shalls" from washington came to Kansas to see it. As luck would have it they came and looked and went back the same week we were in washington on a DC/ New York Trip sponsored through school.

I asked Mr. Dole at the time if he had seen the damage and the effects and he replied yes. I then asked him what would be done to help the farmer out and he looked me square in the eye and said....."nothing".

If I'd had the money back then I'd made dump dole bumper stickers and handed them out. As it seems though, things have a way of even'ing out......I couldn't laugh enough after he lost the presidential election and was bawling the blues how broke he was.

Sorry to get a bit off marketing talk there.

Sorry to you to MSB if I seemed to rip your head off.

AS if we don't have enough issues the way it is with lack of water in this neck of the woods. When I hear about drought, my muscles tense up and my anxiety goes through the roof and I'd just like once for mother nature to be present in my circle of space so I could ream her ass.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)