AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

08 Drought? Good discussion here.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

pat-michigan
Posted 11/20/2007 18:54 (#241771 - in reply to #241395)
Subject: RE: 08 Drought? Good discussion here.

Thumb of Michigan
I'm no better (maybe no worse LOL) at predicting ANYTHING, weather especially. I have heard Dr. Taylor speak a couple of times, and enjoyed (and learned something) each time. And I do remember him saying exactly whats on the "other" site. Drought in the SE generally is followed by a drought in the corn belt, as well as a sometimes some of the areas bordering the CB. He has some pretty compelling reasons to at least be aware of the odds of drought. Michigan isn't the corn belt, but we were really dry in 88. Probably as dry as any time since I've been farming. Does it mean that everyone- or anyone- will experiance a drought in 08? Darned if I know. But I've been basing some of my 08 marketing strategies on at least the perception of dry weather hitting the corn belt. And although again I'm not in the corn belt, I don't think I'll forward price a big crop for myself just yet. We were sure that we weren't able to drop 1/3 of our normal corn production due to dry weather on our farm because of better hybrids. That is, until this year.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)