AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Am I getting screwed on this NH3 deal?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

bleedred
Posted 11/16/2007 08:55 (#239269)
Subject: Am I getting screwed on this NH3 deal?

East Central Ia
Local fert and chem dealer called me this morning and said to come get a couple more tanks of NH3 because they are going to run out today and aren't getting any more in this fall. He said its because they can't get any off the pipeline but this sounds like BS to me. We have enough to do our acres booked below 500$/ton, the last cash prices I heard was $525+ for right now, and spring sounds like its going to be $600+.

Needless to say I am pissed right now. Is he telling the truth, is supply running that low?

This company merged with another this past summer and it seemed more like a takeover with the people the let go right away. We booked our NH3 with them still b/c the fertilizer guy we like stayed on with them.

I have heard some bad things about this company already so this just makes me think that they were trying to underbid everyone else in the area (their main fert/chem guy went to a local competitor because they were jerking him around at the merger), ran out of cheaper product and are using this excuse to get out of their booked deals.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)