AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Paging a stock market expert
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

KTinSD
Posted 11/13/2007 10:10 (#237026 - in reply to #236782)
Subject: RE: There is another option.

East Central SD
Pofarmer said, "simply hold spending constant and let the economy grow you out of the problem". I think that is the right answer BUT we don't have the will. I've got to tell you about a local example... We have had a Government subsidy for "Essential Air Service" for our town and several others in Eastern SD for several years. It is a subsidy to help pay for Turbo-props to provide passenger service to other larger airports. It isn't being used... they've promoted, they've changed destinations.... it just isn't working. People can drive to a large airport 45 minutes away and fly anywhere from there. The last figures I've seen is for the one or two passengers that use it amounts to over $400.00 a ticket subsidy. The Government says it's going to drop it and our Senators (from both sides) are fighting tooth and nail and probably trying to slide it in on some other appropriations bill.... WHY?!? Because it's "free" money and some else is paying for it.

My apoligies to Jim.... I'm trying my darndest not to get political on the marketing page :-). Kevin
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)