AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Stock Trailers again.......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 11/7/2007 06:52 (#233448 - in reply to #233410)
Subject: RE: Well Rich!

What are you waiting for Rich, get your butt out here and go to hauling for me! Most all cattle are done shipping here in my valley. Most all lite cattle go to Cal. for grazing, and they won't take them till the first of Nov., heavy's go to the midwest.

We pool a lot of calves here together to sell on the video. It's a nice feeling to see 10-12 trailers show up in your yard in the morning to haul to the scales. We go on a rotating sch. deal to deliver to scales. First guy will be last next year, and the best thing is are scales are in the center of the valley, I luck out I'm only about 2 1/2 miles from them. They aren't county scales either, about fifteen ranchers own them. And we charge outside cattle $1 hd. to weigh.

It's kind of nice knowing you live in a place if you were to kick the bucket and tip over, everybody in the valley would step up to the plate and calve your cows out and sell weiners, and preg check cows so the wife could handle ranch till fall so transistion plans could be made. But getting someone to milk the black & whites, well that's a diferent story!

P.S. Rich, I know how to fix those hub o'meters! LOL

Edited by Russ In Idaho 11/7/2007 06:53
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)