AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Give me your opinions....Re:'08 corn contracts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

village idiot
Posted 10/31/2007 23:16 (#230211 - in reply to #230132)
Subject: Re: Give me your opinions....Re:'08 corn contracts

Pofarmer, you list numerous reasons.....most hold no merit. the only one that i will address is the terrorist issue because we have experienced that in the recent past and it caused major chaos across many markets. most of the other's are just subjective musings.

risk? sure, there's risk every year from every price level.....that is all relative.

the USA has to have X amount of corn acres next year or....................? no matter how large of a wheat crop is raised, corn will be the headliner for the next several months to come IF this talk of much less corn is for real. and with beans over 10 for every contract out to Sep 08, i'm believeing it as of today.

FWIW, Bush will push for higher % mandates of ethanol before he leaves office and they will be so set. for the next at least 10 years, corn by a large margin will fuel the ethanol industry. The Anderson's just announced today they had record Ethanol Profits for the this last quarter. the bearish ethanol hype being tlkaed lately is just that, hype. vi
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)