AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

This makes me mad
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

IL_no_till
Posted 10/30/2007 10:19 (#229100 - in reply to #228834)
Subject: RE: Keep Your Powder Dry

Central IL
It is a different animal NOW. Will it still be a different animal in 12 months? Probably. If fall delivery corn off the combine exceeds $4 by much here soon, I'm going to make an INCREMENTAL sale. Not very large, but I can make a profit with average production at that level.

If July delivery wheat off the combine hits above $6.30, I will make an INCREMENTAL sale. $6 is a ridiculous price for wheat "here" historically. I can actually pencil a pretty decent profit at that level rather than just turning over money. I should probably sell more at that, but $6.50 or $7 could be down the road. I'm not sure we're done with 08 wheat.

I'd rather take some profits while they're on the table than wait for some politcal unforseen disaster to put prices in the toilet and kick myself later.

I'm not going to be a millionaire at this rate, but I'm not going to lose my @$$ either.

Hauling grain to the elevator and delivering for less than posted price isn't very fun, but the opposite feels REALLY good. Just wish my magic 8 ball hadn't developed a crack and lost all its juice.

It's probably all wrong, so you should probably do the opposite.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)