AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone sell Total Weather Insurance (Climate Corp)?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

runningbehind
Posted 3/11/2012 23:15 (#2282450 - in reply to #2281514)
Subject: Re: Anyone sell Total Weather Insurance (Climate Corp)?

NC ND
I've considered it for additional insurance on a small market crop that does not have any Revenue type insurance and is susceptible to weather problems, insurance for this crop is very expensive. I can tailor the policy to insure the particular weather instance that will cause a loss. Considering it as just an insurance policy it isn't too bad, trying to make sure you collect is very expensive. The problem comes in the grey area just as you collect. The circumstances are defined so specifically, you can have a frost that hurts the crop but be 1 degree from collecting. Plus "here" the weather stations are still a good distance away so local conditions are different than reporting stations. There are times it might give you more insurance than going up a level on Multi Peril, but only if you have a very specific problem. I can level up to protect against excess rain, hail and frost, if frost is my main worry then weather insurance might be cheaper. For some reason though the salesman that was at my crops ins agents office the day I was looking at it tried to discourage me from knocking the premium down and insuring against that one circumstance......you also have to consider the deductible and payment cap, can be real game changers.

Edited by runningbehind 3/11/2012 23:20
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)