AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

loosing freezer beef customers rapidly!-Markwright?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

ahay68979
Posted 1/21/2012 09:05 (#2175825 - in reply to #2175753)
Subject: Re: loosing freezer beef customers rapidly!-Markwright?

Saronville NE
Dad keeps telling me the same thing Gary, when the housewives start complaining beef is too high, its too late, things will fall hard. Ive got a friend that sells freezer beef off the farm also and he says the same thing also, says his sales have dropped this year, too many people cant afford to buy even a half of a beef. Im sorry Mark, but I dont see cattle going where you say, they may get too, your last yrs price of $1.45- $1.50 area this year, but no way they double like your talking, would absolutley be no demand left.

Talking to a buddy of mine yesterday at the barn, who their family does nothing but feed cattle, everything they grow goes into cattle, they dont sell a bushel of corn or a ton of hay off the farm. He says his promblem is he runs out of money before ever keeping the yards full this year, just too pricey and banker says thats enuff, Im running into the same thing, and honestly dont know if I want to stick my neck out that far, if something comes outa the woodpile like it did with mad cow how many yrs ago, this thing would drop so fast it wouldnt be funny and think of the money a guy would lose with the money we are handling now, dont say it cant happen, cause it has before and could again. I do honestly think cattle will stay good another couple yrs, but dont see the prices some are talking about, and honestly hope we dont see em either,
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)