AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

MILC payments in February?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

kylesupplee
Posted 1/19/2012 20:29 (#2172682 - in reply to #2172219)
Subject: Re: MILC payments in February?

Thompsontown, Pennsylvania
also, don't feel bad about '09, I am just south of what is called "Big Valley" in pennsylvania. Its kinda a lancaster,pa II, a really long, very fertile valley, that aside from some residential areas, a few factories, is ALL farms. They lived a very sheltered farming life, the ag stores, equipment dealers, feed dealers, etc. were all there and most farms were family that got passed right down the line, a lot of "old" money. I am told very little of the typical ups and downs of the dairy market touched Big Valley until '09. The old money ran out and farms that supported 2 families and brand new tractors for years were in trouble. It has touched everyone. As for the bi-polar comment, in all seriousness, hopefully you guys have it taken care of or your stress level drops ( $22 milk maybe lol) as that is the only way to deal aside from a doctor. We have found with my wife, that if i keep her stress level low, no problems. She couldn't handle the day to day grind on a farm we were still renovating, while digging out from '09, so she took a job milking for a couple she now considers her second parents. It's helped, no doctors, no meds. Extra money and aside from some calf chores at home, she can leave her work at work if you know what i mean, which is alot closer to what she was used growing up. As for your age, i had understood you and your husband were in your late 50's- early 60's? my grandfather had milked cows as long as he could, til he was 81, and hurt his knee and no longer could milk. I did all the cow work for him from nov. 08-may of '09, then took over. By then he had slowed down enough that running skid loader was about all he could do for me BUT he did parts delivery for my dad's autoparts store 6 days a week til a week before he died, in late october of last year. It might not be the most substantial of jobs but there's probably alot you and your husband could do yet....either way i will quit prying in to your lives, I wish you luck and happiness, your sentiments are shared by all of us to an extent, I know we could sure use a little more left between the gross and net....
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)