AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thank God for cold weather -sic cattle
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

garvo
Posted 1/18/2012 21:18 (#2170519)
Subject: Thank God for cold weather -sic cattle

western iowa,by Denison
Well its been a long 72 hours-treated a lot of cattle slept 8 hours in 3 days, and lost 2,have 196 standing yet,have gone through 10 gallon of albion and 4 bottles of baytril,24 bales of cornstalks for bedding,built 1 steel gate,and had 191 at the bunk tonite,really getting tired of hand feeding hay,looks like maybe 9 to treat in the morning,only really good thing is the cold weather as the cattle seem to come to the bunk easier and look a little better-sure tired of filling water tanks 3 times a day.
Thet don't write this stuff in no text book,?!!!!
And Adam is going snowmobiling tomorrow in Colorado,can't blame him I have been a bitch since these cattle broke with this virus-He has been a lot of help,I'm happy he is going-will give me time to reflect on what to do next time!Guess I should take time to write everything down so that someday Adam has a guide book,but I think he has learned a lot on this round right along with Dad?
We will revac on Monday,Adam said he would be back on Sunday nite-looking forward to the revac to see if that helps!
I think the whole problem In Iowa this year is the lack of cold weather-something about the crisp air seems to keep everything healthy!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)