AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Something for Everyone to Shoot Holes IN !!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

LHaag
Posted 10/4/2007 12:08 (#214296 - in reply to #213791)
Subject: Some questions for you Roger

Colby, Kansas
Roger,

I think you idea is just fine, and where I encourage a lot of people to start in making use of their yield data.

As far as actually putting this together there are some questions that I think will impact how you should actually go about this. I'm a believer that if you are wanting to do VRT based on removal then aggregating the yield data into some type of grid is the way to go. However the size of grid and how to best aggregate the yield data depends on some things:

How are you going to apply the fertilizer, what is the working width of this machine, how fast does it travel, and how fast can it reliably change rates

What does your harvest pattern look like, are they just passes back and forth or do you have a lot of point rows, terraces possibly?

Typically I'm aggregating yield data into 90 - 180 ft. cells depending upon the answers to the previous questions. I also use different methods to filter and aggregate the yield data depending upon what the harvest pattern was.

I'm hoping this thread generates some more discussion, maybe we should take it over to the Precision page where it won't be buried by other threads quite so fast.

Best Regards,
Lucas

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)