AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I apologize RodRod5
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

rodrod5
Posted 1/3/2012 17:00 (#2141012 - in reply to #2140741)
Subject: Re: I apologize RodRod5

Lubbock, Texas
not my post you started this thread haha

and just to be clear what I liked about your equipment thread was not that you got taken to the wood shed or humbled and in fact it was the opposite......I thought it was funny people were trying to concentrate on the fact you got a little bothered when the reality is GARVO WAS RIGHT......and he was right all along and only after he had to have a bit of a raised voice conversation here on NAT did it seem to become clear to those actually involved that Garvo was RIGHT........yet people really like to concentrate on that which to me only has style points over substance points and that is the "reaction"

see others wanted to give you an 8 for the substance of being right and a 2 for style points and I was giving you a 9.95 for being right and a 10 for style points....because substance with style is always better.....style with no substance.......we all know who he is....his post is one of those above in this thread

and again to be clear to all I do not know puff33m and he does not know me......I know just the briefest of things about him and he probably nothing of me what is on here.......we are not looking to do business together because that was not being laid out

what I was trying to say to him in a verbose and extemporaneous fashion is that the cattle business is a machine and you need to identify what you want to be in that machine, where you fit in that machine, and then what you want to construct your piece of that machine around

I feel that puff33 was doing a very good job of finding what he wanted to be in the machine and how to make what he wanted to be in the machine, but what he may have been forgetting was to take a larger look at the machine every so often and make sure what you want to be fits in that machine

so as an example puff33m decided his piece of the machine was a cog or a sprocket wheel.......getting rough cattle heap and feeding them for cheap

so my advice was perhaps you do not want to be a cog or a sprocket because that seems too rough for this machine so smooth it out it be a pulley or a wheel......by cattle with a bit more uniformity and with an overall goal of some uniformity...sees same or near overall place in that machine......almost the same function.....smooth edge VS rough edge.......maybe that part in the machine will now function to turn a profit and make the machine more productive

it was a frame work of a construct of how to look at your place in a machine......he was IMO caught up on making his cog the best cog ever and gaining all the info on cogs.....when a wheel might be better......still need to do the work on how to make your wheel.......wheels still fall off........but maybe they make a bit of money before they fall off unlike a cog that never makes money in the machine

if someone wanted to debate how to make a cog or wheel or the choice of being a cog or wheel fine........but I the overall concept of a machine I will not debate because that is just a view on things......and for those that might say it is too simple.....great thanks bye!.......again you are missing the point of the lesson......it is a lesson about how to take a step not an actual concrete example of a correct step that can be debated pr proven

sometimes in the life of what I think puff33m has......you are confronted with a "problem" (sometimes it is not a "problem" it is just something that needs or wants an answer) but you have never looked at or faced that or approached that problem or issue before.......so you need a point in place for where you are and one for where you want to end up (answers problem solved ect)...then you need some type of model or construct for how you will try and move from where you are at to where your expected (yet not right or wrong) results may be........the model or construct you lay out might end up and be a failed one......but you do not know that until you move down it and start to gather your info under defined parameters...sometimes 10% of the way into collecting your information you may well know that your model and construct was wrong and or you may know that what your expected results were will actually be much different results.....but to make the data you have relevant and defensible you need to continue to collect it under the defined construct until conclusion then you need to use that data to define a new construct based on your collected data (provided you can defend your conclusions based on that data).......but even then your defense is not a defense of your construct it is a defense of the actual soundness of the data and the conclusions drawn from that....you could repeat this dozens of times without ever having a sum total right or wrong in what you originally set out to prove or dis prove or to understand or define

so I was not telling him collect this data I was giving him a wordy reminder to use some of his other skills and tools and methods from his other life and perhaps he can use those as a way to view his business......so there again was not something for others to debate or that I was interested in debating with those that wanted to debate something that did not really exist and may never exist or be tried or proven

then they seemed to want to debate the overall view on something and again I was not personally interested in having that discussion with any of those that were wanting to have it because I already knew the one that really the message was intended for well they read through all my BS just fine and were probably laughing because some answers and methods were right there for them and they were already using some of them very effectively, but IMO very effectively without stepping back and taking a good look every so often at their place in the machine

again I was making an assumption he would see that through my animated stories and examples.....he clearly did and confirmed it and after that I had no other point I cared or wished to defend especially with the likes of some that were wanting to have that debate

Edited by rodrod5 1/3/2012 17:05
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)