AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Asking a questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Wilbur71
Posted 1/2/2012 18:25 (#2139204 - in reply to #2138588)
Subject: RE: Asking a questions

EC IA
this is the idea iv'e always had. buy a small vertical mixer, just looked on tractorhouse found a 350cubic ft for $16,000. Use baler you already have to make hay bales and corstalk bales. We bale 2,500 cornstalk bales a year on are 605M yes the wear your baler out but if your only talking a couple hundred you will be just fine with your 468. Useing a shredder will make it easier on baler and better feed. Make some or your bales smaller in size so if you need less feed you can use smaller bales. Get as many turned tires as you need and use those for feed. I assume you already have loader and extra tractor for runing mixer. Find a feedman to make you up a ration that you can use hay, cornstalks, byproducts or maybe just a couple lbs of shelled corn. Whatever is cheap you use. Added some water to the ration will really help cattle eat if you dont feed any wet bypoducts. The mixer cost is the biggest but you should be able to easily feed for cattle if you want or just keep were your at. Mixer do were out, so it you dont expand it should last a long time, if it works like you want you can always get bigger. We have a dairy and feedlot so we have a knight reel aggie and we have a custom tubgrider grind our hay and cornstalks, but its costly and if you grind a big pile and it rains you can have some spoilge. There is times were you have to call 2 weeks ahead to schedule.This is my idea iv'e always had if we didnt have what we already do. Dont know if it works but always sounded good n my head.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)