AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Got The Wheat Flown On!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

davpal
Posted 9/15/2007 22:18 (#204305)
Subject: Got The Wheat Flown On!!!

Mid Michigan
I was asking about getting wheat flown on earlier this week and we had 34 acres we were going to try it out on. The guys at the Aerial application place called me back and decided to take the job. They were done with most of their wheat for the year but were nice enough to do it for me. The beans are very close to dropping leaves. After the frost we get tonight they will really be falling. We have enough moisture that I think it will be a good combination. I was very lucky they decided to do it. The timing was perfect. We put on 3 bushels to the acre. I had to go to the co-op and get 102 bushels. Red wheat seed is what they had. I kind of wanted white but it wasn't a big deal to me. It was $13.50 a bushel. They had it stacked on two pallets and put it on my car trailer which was a pretty big load for that. I unloaded a few bags off the top and put them in the pickup. Got going about 25-30 mph doing back roads and the top of the back pallet landslided right off on the top of a highway overpass. 6 bags fell off but only 1 broke. I scooped it up and was on my way. Only had to go about 10 miles. They took it from there while I was at work. I kind of wanted to watch but I would have had to take a vacation day to do it. Dad heard them from his place about 5 miles from there. I went down the next day and checked it out and it looked like he did an excellent job of spreading it. Very uniform and nice from what I could see. Now I hope we have a good year for it. That was Als Aerial Spraying out of Ovid Michigan. Very nice people and a first class operation they are running there. I guess the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Now we have to get those soys off without rutting it all up. Later People.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)