AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What can I do to get stronger stalks??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Jim
Posted 9/14/2007 10:57 (#203519 - in reply to #203470)
Subject: RE: What can I do to get stronger stalks?? - planting, our flower pot (pics)

Driftless SW Wisconsin

Thank you for your business and comments on the Curvetines. This is exactly what we see also. One other nice thing abotu them is that they can be used in worked ground or no till or about anything in betwen if you pay attention to the closing wheel down pressure spring setting.

On the issue of planters, you should be aware of the fact that Case has changed the way they do the down pressure spring system which causes an interference at the top of the row unit travel with our current Case row cleaner design and many other manufacturers products.

We have looked at adapting but they are not real cooperative with dimensions and our tape measure is only good to a few decimal points! Joe thinks he has a major design change to our Case mount which may work but it will be expensive and we are not sure when we will be able to get prototypes made. Curvetines are as you point out just not available for the Case closer design. SI Disttributing does, I believe have a bracket to convert the Case closing system to vee wheels, allowing use of our Curvetines, at least for the older Case planters.

There are no issues with Deere and Kinze planters. White 6000 and 8000 series will take Trashwheels and Curvetines just need sloted mounts for the 8000 and a stud kit on the LH Curvetine, not a big deal if the dealer makes sure he specifies which White model.

Thanks again.

Jim at Dawn 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)