AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

marriage advice about dangerous farm work
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

mdnelson86
Posted 10/16/2011 16:59 (#2006588)
Subject: marriage advice about dangerous farm work

Paxton, IL

My wife and I have been married for a little over 3 years now and everything is very good except for when she happens to see me doing something around the farm that is kind of dangerous.  For instance she just happened to drive up while I was up on a bin setting an auger and removing a slide from a cross auger.  She saw that and now I'm in trouble.  I am always very careful with everything I do and take every safety precaution I can that is available, but we don't have harnesses or anything like that.  I do have a manlift I tend to use for a lot of those types of jobs, but it wouldn't have been able to get to this spot.  She didn't grow up on a farm seeing any of this stuff and she has always worried about me doing anything.  Her mother was killed in a car accident when a drunk driver t-boned her on her side of the car.  My wife was 15 at the time and ever since then she has been extremely protective of everyone she cares about.  I understand and can sympathize with her on this, and I'd rather not be doing dangerous things anyway but many times these things just have to be done.  in the last 3 years we've learned very well how to talk and work things out but I'm stumped on what to do in this situation.  any advice on how to handle this a little better?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)