AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

NH3 in strip till
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Silver Shoes
Posted 8/11/2007 10:35 (#185851 - in reply to #185846)
Subject: RE: NH3 in strip till

Seneca Kansas 66538
Exactly the way I have always understood it, The process of producing nitrogen starts with burning air and removing the N from it which is why the price is so dependent upon the price of natural gas. Processors use natural gas as the fuel to burn the air. I had a field one year that it was late getting my NH3 on, so I just called coop and had them apply 28% over the top. The field were side by side, one fall applied NH3 the other 28% applied right before planting and field cultivated in. The year was a fairly dry year and the NH3 field was green till harvest and yielded decent. The custom applied 28% field was yellow from the start and yielded half as much, same units of N applied on both fields. That was the last year I ventured away from fall applied NH3. I know its dangerous, I fill my own tanks so believe me I know that safety is something that definately has its place with anhydrous. I think liquid N is great stuff if you get plenty of moisture at the right time, Anhydrous sticks to the soil and is there when other forms of N just dont have the punch anymore.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)