AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looks to mew like a burn out here in northwest Mo.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

nwiafmr
Posted 6/9/2006 20:06 (#18269 - in reply to #18239)
Subject: RE: Looks to mew like a burn out here in northwest Mo.

Woodbury county
I keep hearing how perfect the corn and soybean crop is this year. Here in northwest Iowa we had a three day rain event towards the end of April getting a little over 2 inches. The only rain we got here in the month of May was a measly .3 of an inch and today is the 9 of June with nothing in June. The temperature on the bank in town this afternoon was 103, with Sioux City having a record breaking 100 degrees. And, of course, the wind blew all day with this heat. The wind blew nearly every day during the month of May, made spraying a real nightmare. I have some river bottom ground with a few sandy and light soils and that corn is fried. Corn was rolling like I have never seen 12 inch corn roll so early. Parts of South Dakota and Nebraska was declared a moderate drought last night on the local TV weather. Corn and Soybean stands are the poorest I have had in the last several years. Ground was terribly dry at planting, and the seed evidently should have been buried to get it all in moisture. We have ethanol plants going up all around here......wonder where exactly they plan on getting all the corn in this area if it doesn't start raining?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)