AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

how to spray aphids-plane or ground rig?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

tiger6620
Posted 7/31/2007 21:05 (#181004 - in reply to #180808)
Subject: RE: how to spray aphids-plane or ground rig?

Nw Iowa
Go with the plane Rod, in 2004 I had most fields sprayed with a rogater and a couple with a plane. The kill on the aphids was the same and I gained 3-4 bushel an acre just from not having wheel tracks. If you guys are worried about staying off the row on flat ground what do you think it's like in our extreme hills with terraces everywhere??? nightmare....WHen the bean head hits those gater tracks the yield will drop 10 bushel to the acre thus dropping overall yield around 3. I also seen the pics from Seth in machinery talk. What he is complaining about isn't near as bad as every farm in our area looks like after a rogator sprays for aphids. Not only do they take out two rows I have seen them take out four rows because it's so steep that the sprayer will "dogtrack" the front wheels take two rows and the back wheels take two rows. You boys on the flat don't know how good you have it! The aphids will take 15 bushel or have the sprayer take 6??? And you have no choice when the planes are booked. I believe the plane will spray 2 gallon to the acre.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)