AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What ever happened to Randolf Scott
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

bob freeze
Posted 7/24/2007 01:30 (#177848 - in reply to #177619)
Subject: RE: Im not following your post.........

New Guy,
Yea, I get your point. However,while the the sky certainly hasn't fallen yet - it just might under the weight of this years corn crop(or maybe not). Didn't really have to "check out" crop insurance, have had it at highest possible levels for years now - has worked very well with high aph numbers. This year may turn out to be the best ever if board prices keep declining into late harvest. I know most of the angles(paid for 40x80 concret and lined shop juggling corn with sealed gov. money in the old days) , just wish I could grow the stuff with good practices including rotations to suit my operation, not the market, sell at respectable prices and live happily ever after(like that is going to happen). My point about giving the market what it wants when it wants it was simply a statement that what is wanted from you may not always be the best thing for you. I suppose the best example of this is the dp of grain - market wants your grain now and then it has your grain now. It made the market happy, but it may not have been the best thing for you. If you didn't need the money for several months you might have been better off at several points to have stored your beans and sold them for next summer - good for the market if you did dp, maybe not good for you.
As for the price thing, nothing lasts forever. The extremes are just that, extremes. They have a way of bringing an end to themselves. I would prefer more balance, but that is just because I'm getting old and tired. I think normal rotations would have seen beans pulled to $7+ range by high corn prices even without cutting bean acres much-who knows.
I really did get your point, but just had to carry on anyway - hope your season is going great !
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)