AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What to do about pheasants eating our corn????!!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Tim in WI
Posted 6/6/2006 20:18 (#17607 - in reply to #17478)
Subject: If it were that easy

Embarrass WI
I wish it was that easy, all you need to do is find a legal source for Lindane, and you'll have it. I was told that it would cost too much to re-register it, and so they just quit making it.

This last spring, there was a big splash in our farm papers about a new product that helps repel sandhill cranes-for $5/acre. Kernel Guard used to do that, along with protect against several seed insects, all for about $1/acre. The new formulation KG is still good on the insects, but it doesn't help for cranes anymore.

Got lemons? Make lemonade! Get set up to charge the overpaid pricks for hunting your flying rats. It would require some people skills, but I believe it could be quite lucrative. Build a "bunkhouse", or open up a house on a farmstead rather than bulldoze it. Provide the whole "experience", with a smile on your face, and a good helping of cowboy/farmer BS, and you'll have them eating out of your hand. There is a HUGE market, and they all have money. Charge a high price, and you won't have to deal with bargain-hunters, show them some birds and they'll pay wth a smile and book next year's trip on the spot. I believe that, if done correctly, pheasants could be your most profitable crop.

JMHO Tim
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)