AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bill and Hill in Clear Lake
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Don Kraft
Posted 7/8/2007 14:03 (#171836 - in reply to #171562)
Subject: Re: Bill and Hill in Clear Lake

That is why I favor the concept of job interviews with our candidates. I urged Iowa Public trlevision to adopt that practice of interviewing the candidates and give them a forum to describe who they are and what they want to accomplish. Debatesand campaign rallys have little educational value. Why? because too much time is wasted on candidates saying what is wrong with the opposition. If any of us held ajob interview, we would want to know what capabilities the job applicant had and what leadership qualities he offered. Plus what innovative ideas he had to offer.

It doesn't offer much of value to express an opinion of what is wrong with opposing applicants. In fact they may be motivated to cast aspersions against a rival for personal reasons.

We the people should demand to be educated about the political stances of the candidates. We need to have an informed electorate making the best decisions. It shouldn't be a contest that is won by demonizing the opposition. While negative comments must be challenged and the candidate must defend his remarks and a ruthless press ought to deal vigorously with unsubstantiated claims.

I think that would be a step forward in the selection process and perhaps diminish the importance of the sound byte video clips. Lets get to know the candidates and pick the best ones so we have a choice of two or more good candidates instead of voting for the lesser of two evils.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)