AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Meyer V-max manure spreader
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Diamond K L&C
Posted 3/9/2011 00:25 (#1659433 - in reply to #1658464)
Subject: Re: Meyer V-max manure spreader

I've had a 3245 and now a 8720 and they are good spreaders. With the exception of a rock what ever you put in will come out. I've spread everything from stringy straw pack to water and everything in between and have had little to no trouble. Even handles frozen chunks quite well. Biggest thing in winter is to not have frozen chunks much bigger than a basket ball and they go right through and make sure it is run empty every time you use it for the beaters will freeze otherwise. Unless you are hauling slop make sure you open the gate all the way or with solid manure it will push the gate into your beaters and round off your rooster combs very fast. Two problems we had with the 3245 was the oil seals went out of the gear box above the beaters and shelled one of them out and second was the was an update ours didn;t have on the shaft connector between the two beater drive gear boxes was originally a slide collar with a key that would shear off then was updated to a chain coupler. It will give you an alright spread. I am currently looking into an Meyers VB750 simply for easier piling in summer. Also will get a better spread. You will not want to pile with a vmax. If you have a variety of manures to haul I think they are one of the best. jmo
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)