AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Whats going on here?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

bleedred
Posted 6/7/2007 11:41 (#159657)
Subject: Whats going on here?

East Central Ia
This is a little corner piece that I am trying to figure out what is happening. The story:
The whole field (100acs or so) had fall applied hog manure, but this little corner piece I applied 140# actual N from NH3 this spring about 10-14 days before we planted.

Both the NH3 and the Manure were applied at a 45 degree angle to how it was planted. The field was not wet when I put the NH3 on this spring.

The first picture you see the path the Manure was applied... almost looks like the rows are closed but actually its at an angle to how it was planted.
What would cause these streaks right along the manure tank path? Its only on this hill about 25acs of the whole piece... the rest looks fine.

The rest of the pictures show the difference I am trying to figure out. The piece I put NH3 on is shorter and not as dark of green. Would this have anything to do with the P&K thats in the manure or is it strictly a N problem? If its an N problem... what is it? The availability of the N in the manure compared to the N in the NH3?

This was no tilled and the field as a whole doesn't look that good. The emergence was poor due to a massive crust from 3'' of rain and a week of 80-90 degree temps with 20-30mph winds. Planted 35k have a final stand around 24-28k from my counts.

I can post soil test, and manure analysis numbers if that would help. It almost looks like the corner didn't get any N at all but I know it did because I did it. I could check my as applied map to make 100% sure that product got put down but I know i drove over it. :)

PS. It looks more ragged then it should due to 30-40mph winds today... man this is getting old!

Edited by bleedred 6/7/2007 11:45

(streaks.JPG)

(corner.JPG)

(withrows.JPG)

(close up.JPG)

(sideview.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments streaks.JPG (119KB - 186 downloads)
Attachments corner.JPG (77KB - 176 downloads)
Attachments withrows.JPG (120KB - 183 downloads)
Attachments close up.JPG (97KB - 215 downloads)
Attachments sideview.JPG (94KB - 187 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)