AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Boom Sense on Ez 500?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/7/2007 07:19 (#159530 - in reply to #159344)
Subject: RE: Boom Sense on Ez 500?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
As the link suggests you need to connect Pins 4 & 5 (EZ-Guide 500 ground) together to activate the coverage map automatically. These are the pins in the 9 pin connector on the EZ-Guide 500. Simulated Radar out, GPS out and the keypad connections are also all available at this connector. Depending upon what you want to do you could use any or all of the above combinations at the same time with the proper cable.

You will also need to activate these features via the menu system and set certain settings for you needs.

As you have noted it is important to use a switch between Pins 4 & 5 or a normally open relay. The relay will simply connect Pins 4 & 5 when it is activated by an outside source such as your center spray valve or the remote master (Orange/White) on a Raven system. Do not feed 12V from an outside source back into the EZ-Guide 500 as damage is likely.

For warranty concerns you may want to purchase the cable mentioned. You could buy a cheap generic 9 Pin extension and make your own. You could simply cut off the end not needed and trace which wires lead to pins 4 & 5. Connect the output terminals of a N.O. relay to those pins. Connect one side of the coil to tractor ground and the otherside to something that goes to 12V when mapping is desired.

If you wish to use some of the other functions listed above, you are probably better off buying the cable mentioned. This cable is commonly referred to as the "hammerhead" cable as it terminates in two 9 pin connectors and a weatherpak connector. The weatherpak is for Radar out and the Implement switch. One 9 pin is for GPS out and the other for a Keypad. The directions with this cable diagram how to wire the relay.

I have one of these on my own EZ-Guide 500 but haven't personally used it much. The center key on the left side allows the operator to override the auto setting temporarily. For example, if the mapping is started automatically such as you desire, it is possible for the operator to push the II key on the left and stop it. Pushing the II key again will start it once more. The auto portion appears to restart it when the next cycle occurs. This could be handy if you wanted to temporaily stop the mapping.

My operator said that the auto mapping seemed to work correctly most of the time but there were a few instances where he didn't think it worked quite properly. This was on a noncritical situation and we haven't really explored it much. When this tractor gets back to being used for manure application this setup will be tested more completely.

Edited by tedbear 6/7/2007 07:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)