AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Windrower autosteer update
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Chip
Posted 6/5/2007 14:27 (#158681 - in reply to #158026)
Subject: Re: Windrower autosteer update

THat is a really good idea.

I couldn't imagine how one could work at 12+mph that some rotary swathers would run, because by the time the receiver is off, the swather could be heading waaaay off. Throw in the squirrly steering inherent in a drive-wheel-steer system with crazy wheels in the back, and it taxes excellent human operators that are proactive.....how reactive software can fail is easily understandable.

But putting it on the back.......excellent idea. The back is what goes out of alignment first, then the front follows. I can see a setup working better like this. Good work.

For those that can't see how these will work on a combine but not on a swather.......run a rotary swather at 13+ mph, then you will know what I'm talking about. You don't really drive those things.....more like 'corrective nudges' 100+ feet in advance, just from the feel of where the back end is going. Those that try to 'steer' them generally end up with a snake windrow, then the swather heading in an entirely different direction than intended.

I'm impressed at 10 mph......but I really want to see 13-14 mph.....if it is possible for software to do that. :)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)