AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight...Autoswath...NH3?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/28/2007 09:22 (#155313 - in reply to #155258)
Subject: RE: Insight...Autoswath...NH3?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Autoswath for an NH3 bar behaves in the same fashion as it does for a sprayer. The difference being in most cases, the NH3 bar is all in one section (1 Boom).

In the current version of the Insight firmware it is not necessary to have a field boundary for the field. In previous versions this was necessary. The boundary is still probably a good idea however.

The system watches its own onscreen coverage map and turns off a section or the bar in this case when it determines that the area has already been applied. There are some timing factors that can adjust the amount of lead turn-on time and turn off time if these are not occurring where you want them to be.

Generally you would apply the end passes before you started on the main body of the field.

One thing to be aware of, is without a boundary should the operator turn excessively wide so that the outer end of the bar is actually beyond the applied end area, the bar may turn back on. The reason being that the system sees that it is passing over an unapplied area.

If a tight boundary map exists, the system will know that it is outside the field boundary and not turn the bar back ON. Another good idea is to use an implement switch tied into the LCM. This will prevent application when the bar is out of the ground.

The other trick that I use with both a sprayer and NH3 is to watch Autoswath turn OFF the sections and once it has done this, flip the Maser Switch OFF myself. This will prevent inadvertent application should I turn too wide. Once I am turned around and within the ends again, I turn the Master Switch back ON. Then Autoswath actually turns on the section(s) as it see fit.

This does require the Autoswath unlock for the Insight.

For an NH3 bar with rectangular fields, the Autoswath is probably not that big of a deal. Spraying point rows with a large multi-section sprayer is where the concept really shines.

Seed Command uses this same concept to shut off groups rows on a planter in much the same way. We sold several Seed Command systems and generally speaking the operators were very pleased. Some feel that they will be able to recoup their costs in a single year. This would be in extreme cases with very large planers and non-rectangular fields.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)